|Our Name ||AXTAL stands for Advanced XTAL Products, where "XTAL" is a common abbreviation of "crystal". |
|Our Company || |
AXTAL was establihed in 2003 as a spun-off from the previous TELE QUARZ by Bernd Neubig, a Physicist and Electronic Engineer. Its staff comprised more than 80 years of cummulated experience and expertise in the Quartz Crystal Industry.
The company is fully privately owned by Bernd and Brigitte Neubig, who are also the Managing Directors of the company. The legal name of the entity is AXTAL GmbH & Co. KG.
AXTAL's facilities are located in Southern Germany, close to Heidelberg, in the so-called "Crystal Valley" area. Wheras the administration is in the town of Lobbach, the R&D, production line and testing facilities are located in Roemerring 9 in D-74821 Mosbach.
|Our Quality: |
AXTAL assures a high level of quality and reliability of its products due to our well established Quality Management System (QMS), as documented and fixed in our Quality Management Handbook (QMH). Already in the product design phase we apply a controlled design process, with a number of verification steps and final validation in the customer application. With the process control system of our well-documented manufacturing processes, numerous in-line tests, inspections and screening including a 100% final inspection of the manufactured products, with a data base of the test results, fully traceable to the individual series number of each single item, we have a tight control of the product quality level.
A thorough incoming inspection of all purchased critical parts makes sure, that suspect components do not enter our production line.
A system of continuous improvement is established through our quality circle with members from R&D, production, and quality management.
AXTAL's quality system and processes were inspected and approved through audits of major customers from the Military and Space Industry and other industries.
Since 2008 AXTAL is certified to ISO9001:2008, in 2017 the certification was updated to ISO9001:2015, and renewed in 2020 (see our actual certificate).
|Our Products: || |
AXTAL focusses on the Design, Development, Production, Testing and Sales of Frequency Control Products and Piezo Sensors, which includes crystal resonators, crystal oscillators, and complex frequency control modules comprising quartz and other piezoelectric crystal resonators, such as Langasite (LGS) and SAW resonators.
AXTAL's OCXO for Space applications are listed in the ESA EPPL.
|Our Sales Portfolio: || |
AXTAL's genuine product line of crystal oscillators and frequency control modules, which are completely designed and manufactured in Germany, is supplemented by a variety of products, whe we offer from our principals.
Our line card includes (among others)
- SICCAS - a leading manufacturer of special crystals like Langasite (LGS), Langatate (LGT), CTGS, CNGS, YCOB and many other piezoelectric crystals
- SCTB ELPA - an experienced expert for piezoelectric sensor elements and modules
- MagicXtal - a manufacturer of leading-edge miniature OCXO with fast warm-up, very low power consumption and high stability
- ELECSPN SPACEON - a well-established manufacturer of ultra-stable Atomic Clocks (CPT, Rubidium and Cesium Clocks)
- KOLINKER Industrial Equipment - a manufacturer of Equipment for the Test and MEasurement of Quartz Crystal Units
|Our Services: ||AXTAL - unlike the distributors of Frequency Control Products- is capable to do full in-house testing, screening, and qualification testing of crystals, oscillators, and filters, based on recognized IEC, MIL and ESA standards, including environmental testing like temperature shocks, vibration, mechanical shocks etc.. We offer our customers a qualified support to fix issues and to solve problems in their particular application. |
Through our sister company AXTAL CONSULTING we are offering a wide range of services for failure analysis, application optimisation, testing, screening and qualification for Frequency Control Products.
|Our Markets: ||AXTAL's Frequency Control Products are primarily designed for the following markets: |
AXTAL's Piezo sensors are matched for applications such as
- RF Broadcast systems (Transmitters, Relay stations, Repeaters)
- Test and Measurement Systems, in particular RF instrumentation
- RF & Microwave industry including Radar
- Satellite Communication
- Airborne applications
- Marine/Naval applications
- Medical Electronics
- Professional Audio/Video equipment
- Telecommunication Infrastruktur (wireless, wireline)
- Wireless Voice and Data Communication
- Automotive and aerospace (engine control of pressure, temperature, viscosity etc.)
- Downhole (oil drilling) (pressure and temperature sensors)
- Wireless RFID for rugged environment and for high temperatures
- Miniature temperature sensors for high temperatures
- Force and pressure sensors
- Scientific & research applications, e.g. in biotechnology, environmental technologies
|Our Goals: ||AXTAL's business activities are guided by the following priciples: |
- Customer sytisfaction is our primary goal and precondition four our success
- Utmost flexibility to support and to meet our customer's special requirements
- Firm commitment to assure and to improve constinuously our level of quality, dependability and reliability
- Apply and push advanced technologies in our products, our designs and manufacturiang methods
- Beeing and staying THE EXPERT for Frequency Control and Piezo Sensors
| ||More about us you can find in our Company Presentation |